When you use Cobbles products, you share information with us — it’s our responsibility to help you understand how that information is used.
We aim to put your individual privacy first in everything we do. Where possible, we disclose how we use the information you share with us - and we provide tools that can delete your data permanently within the platform at any time (Just go to settings in the app!).
Its important to keep in mind that other Cobbles users can always take a screenshot, or save things using a third-party app. At the end of the day, it’s best to only share the need-to-know stuff with the people you really trust — just like you would in real life!
What information do we collect?
We collect information when you create an account and use the Platform, such as your contact details,and content you create. We also collect behavioral information about your use of the Platform. Finally we collect information contained in the messages you send through our Platform.
Information you choose to provide
For certain activities, such as when you register, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following information:
Profile information, such as name and profile image
User-generated content, including comments, photographs, and videos, that you choose to upload or broadcast on the Platform (“User Content”)
Your opt-in choices and communication preferences
Information to verify an account such as your phone number to verify your device.
Information in correspondence you send to us
Information we obtain from other sources
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including your IP address, location-related data (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), Cookies (as defined below), your mobile carrier, time zone setting, and mobile or device information including the model of your device, screen resolution, operating system, app and file names and types, and platform.
We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through and broadcast on our Platform. We also link your subscriber information with your activity on our Platform across all your devices using your email, phone number, or similar information.
With your explicit permission, We collect information about your location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. We may also collect Global Positioning System (GPS) data. You DO NOT have to provide location data in order to use the platform.
We collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information you provide in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages through our Service's messaging and commenting functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of our Service will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or disclose messages.
When you upload User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the video to your user account. Additionally, metadata will consist of data that you chose to provide with the video, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
We DO NOT link any of your activity to 3rd party advertising networks.
How we use your information
We use your information to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service, to improve and administer the Platform, and to allow you to use its functionalities.
We generally use the information we collect:
- to fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback
- to customize the content you see when you use the Platform. For example, we may provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you liked or interacted with
- to improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development
- to support the social functions of the Platform, including to permit you and other users to connect with each other through the Platform and for you and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the Platform
- to use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
- to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform
- to ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law)
- to communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services
- to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies consistent with your permissions, to provide you with location-based services, such as personalized content- to inform our algorithms
to combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How we share your information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We will share your information with the following selected third parties:
Authorized third-party vendors and service providers.
We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us perform our business operations, including research, database maintenance, technology services, deliveries, email deployment, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
Our Corporate group.
We may share your information with a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group.
We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of The Cobbles LLC, our affiliates, users, or the public.
With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while engaging. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
- You can switch off GPS location information functionality on your mobile device if you do not wish to share GPS information.
- If you have registered for an account you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities. You may also permanently remove all information related to your account.
- Some browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
The Platform otherwise is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected on the Platform from a person under the age of 13 we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 on the Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a calendar year, you may be entitled to obtain information about personal information that we shared, if any, with other businesses.If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information, as well as the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to email@example.com.
Users of the Platform who are California residents and are under 18 years of age may request and obtain removal of User Content they posted by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.. All requests must be labeled "California Removal Request" on the email subject line. All requests must provide a description of the User Content you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content. We do not accept California Removal Requests via postal mail, telephone, or facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, and we may not be able to respond if you do not provide adequate information. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to:
The Cobbles LLC. email@example.com.